The 1st Vienna Software Seminar (VSS) on the Relation of Software Architecture and DevOps/Continuous Delivery is intended as a high-profile seminar with a program that will mainly consist of invited talks by the participants and active discussions in smaller groups. All participants are expected to actively participate in the discussions.
Topics of the VSS on the Relation of Software Architecture and DevOps/Continuous Delivery include but are not limited to:
- software architecture and design aspects of DevOps, continuous delivery, continuous deployment
- design and quality assurance of delivery pipelines
- design, architecture, and quality assurance of techniques like trunk-based development, canary testing scheme, dark launches, and A/B testing
- relation of continuous delivery and continuous deployment to continuous development techniques and agile methods
- relations of release engineering, DevOps, continuous delivery, continuous deployment to cloud architectures, microservices, and other service-based architectures
- release engineering models
- patterns and best practices for release engineering, DevOps, continuous delivery, continuous deployment
- testing practices and quality assurance techniques for release engineering, DevOps, continuous delivery, continuous deployment
- monitoring of release engineering, DevOps, continuous delivery, continuous deployment
- analytics for release engineering, DevOps, continuous delivery, continuous deployment.
The VSS will be a four-day seminar held in Vienna, Austria on Dec 18-21, 2017 at University of Vienna. We plan for an intense meeting right before the Christmas break, with enough time for all participants to return home before Christmas. Vienna has a very well connected international airport. In December Vienna is a top international touristic destination, with its Christmas market tradition, concerts and more.
The program will contain plenty of time for presentations and discussions among experts in the different fields related to the topics above. That is, the meeting is intended to discuss and learn, and establish or deepen intense connections to interesting people from closely related fields with varying backgrounds, all highly related to the topics listed above. We envision seminar outcomes to include future joint papers by participants, joint projects by participants, or even longer ongoing collaborations starting at the VSS.